As a landlord you have a wide range of responsibilities including ensuring the health and safety of your tenants. Keeping the boiler and central heating in your rental properties running safely and efficiently is crucial not only to fulfil your legal obligations but also to protect your reputation and rental income.

Under the Gas Safety Regulation 1998, all landlords are required by law to obtain a Gas Safety Certificate (often referred to as a CP12) which covers all gas pipework, flues and appliances which are installed in the property. You are also required to keep this certificate for at least two years and to provide your tenants with a copy of it. You are also required to provide a copy of the latest Gas Safety Certificate to new tenants when they move in.

If you use a third party to manage your properties for you, it is important to establish whether or not they will provide these services for you as ultimately, it is your responsibility.

For more information for landlords, be sure to visit our Landlords FAQ Page

Top rating

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim.


Quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate.

Unique solution

Velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit.