Why have your boiler serviced?
It is highly recommended that you have all gas appliances serviced once a year to ensure that they are working efficiently and safely. Any gas appliance left unchecked could pose a serious risk to you and your family including from carbon monoxide poisoning. Having your boiler serviced and safety checked annually is recommended for all homeowners and it’s a legal requirement if you are a landlord.
There are certain warning signs which mean that you should arrange a boiler service immediately:
- The flame is lazy or yellow rather than crisp and blue
- There are any black marks or stains around the boiler
- The pilot light keeps going out
- There is increased condensation in the room in which the boiler is located
- There are any faults with the operation of the boiler
What does a boiler service involve?
A proper boiler service must be carried out by a Gas Safe Registered engineer and will always include the following checks to ensure that the boiler is operating safely:
- The settings are correct to ensure that the gas is burning correctly
- It is a suitable type of appliance for the room in which it is operating
- It is physically stable and securely fitted
- It is properly connected to the gas pipework
- There is a sufficient and permanent air supply to the boiler
- Any flues or chimneys are operating properly
- All the built-in safety devices are functioning properly
This list is not exhaustive and servicing requirements will vary depending on your specific boiler.
Please note that some servicing regimes provide an interim (annual) performance check to determine the degree of dismantling the boiler and the level of service required.
Why choose Heat Plan Utilities for your boiler service?
- All of our engineers are Gas Safe registered , reliable, friendly and happy to help
- We will ensure that your system is working effectively and efficiently and help to make sure that any potential problems are dealt with before they can grow into bigger problems which may result in costly repairs
- We are able to work on a wide variety of heating systems including both residential and commercial systems
- Once we have completed your boiler service, we will advise you of any action which is required and run through all of your options for the future including our fantastic servicing agreements
Up to 10 Year Warranty
All of our boilers come with a minimum of 1 year’s parts and labour warranty with many models covered up to 10 years.
1 Year FREE Cover*
We will provide you with 12 months of our fantastic service agreement for your whole central heating system at no additional cost..
After your installation, you will have the opportunity to continue with one of our fantastic service agreements which will ensure that you are always protected against unforeseen breakdowns and you are never left out in the cold.
*Subject to satisfactory inspection of your existing heating system.
All of our engineers are fully qualified with the right expertise to ensure that your installation is completed to the highest possible standards.
Get Your FREE Quote today
Know Your Home Better
Thinking about getting a new boiler?
It's important to know the different types and how they work.
The Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are registered to work safely and legally on boilers, cookers, fires and all other gas appliances.
As a landlord, you will know the importance of regular maintenance to help prevent expensive repair bills.
Need Emergency Repairs?
Call our 24/7 helpline:
0800 142 5204
Speak to one of our dedicated customer service team now to get the help you need.